Thursday, May 04, 2006

Kute Baybees Are Widdle Fowever!!

One quick and sorely-overdue update before I head out for the weekend. It's exam period right now, which is why I am not on my game. I promise I will be better in a bit.

While you're waiting, though, here are some widdle babie gurlz who will never grow up:

Treasure Believe. Little Treasure liked to Believe she was adopted, and that her true name was Tara Beatrice.

Diamond Aurora - perhaps fitting, seeing as she was born in Alaska. Almost as good as Petroleum Caribou.

India Unique and Omaega Unique. What happens when two Uniques are born at the same hospital, I wonder? Does a singularity form or something? Cause that would be sweet.

Emma Louise Peach almost escaped a sickeningly saccharine name. Almost.

Tabrina Jewels didn't, though. Did her parents not get the message that this particular middle name is slang for "testicles?" That's attractive.

Jade Saphire (note the spelling). Subtitled "Our Little Gem Stone." Puke.



Since it's been awhile, I thought I'd divulge a little about myself. I, too, find some completely outrageous names rather attractive. I'd never use them, but here are some examples of people who have:

Maranatha Marisol. Okay, maybe I would use this. Maybe...

Hypatia Rosalind. Okay, maybe I would use this too.

But look, see? I like crazy names too!

End of confession.

9 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

To me Hypatia sounds like a disease of some sort... "this patient is suffering from acute hypatia, doctor." But hey, to each their own. Just as long as your own isn't Tabrina Jewels.

Thursday, May 04, 2006 2:35:00 PM  
Blogger TurabianNights said...

It rather does sound like a disease, now that you mention it - Hypasia definitely does. Hypatia was the first female mathematician (of note, on record) in the ancient world, so I'm a sucker for the history. Hypatia Jewels would be really awful though.

Friday, May 05, 2006 1:47:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hypatia is lovely.

Rosalind is sublime.

Friday, May 05, 2006 8:41:00 PM  
Blogger TurabianNights said...

Rosalind currently tops Rosamund in my mind, but they're generally pretty neck and neck - they're both favorites. Hypatia is one of those legitimate names that is perhaps too unusual even for me. Zenobia is another like that.

Saturday, May 06, 2006 11:56:00 AM  
Anonymous Amelia said...

I like Maranatha, but it is my brand of almond butter.

I like Marisol.

I don't like Hypatia, but at least it's a real name. Ditto Rosalind.

Saturday, May 06, 2006 8:00:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Marisol is a great name, probably a more modern form of the age-old Maria.. it might soon catch up in popularity!

Tuesday, June 10, 2008 4:02:00 AM  
Blogger Stacy said...

Consider Marisol "caught up".

There are 12 different Marisols working in my hospital. They are all hispanic nurses, and I really wish they were related to make this story better. But, they aren't. Lame.

Saturday, February 27, 2010 8:33:00 AM  
Anonymous Babynology said...

Many comments here. choose your best.

Thursday, September 30, 2010 11:41:00 PM  
Anonymous babynames said...

I don't like bad names.

Monday, June 27, 2011 3:25:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home